Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pure Freedom 2010

Ok, keep in mind I typed this last year after the 2010 Pure Freedom Retreat.  Yes, I didn't post it last year but that is a different story.  So, don't want it to go un-posted so here it is. 
 ___________________________________________________
           Wow, this year was amazing!  It has only been 2 weeks since our annual Pure Freedom Retreat!  This year's planning began in full swing back in the fall.  A few ladies who were involved last year and a couple new women on board met to look ahead and see what we wanted to do this year.  I had already searched for a few books and retreat guides and couldn't settle on one.  So,a few ladies and I discussed several and I began reading one.  The first one was Lies Young Women Believe (and the Truth That Sets Them Free).  Not sure if it was because it was the first one I read or because God didn't want me to waste any time but I knew right away, this was 'the ONE'.  I shared it with one of the ladies for advice and she was all for it too.  
          
           The book LYWB was perfect for these girls.  I myself wish I had the opportunity to go through a retreat and study that helped me overcome lies as a young teen woman.  It taught them how Satan, the father of lies, went to the first human to ever be lied to, who was Eve.  It taught the progression of the lie how it started with her listening to the lie.  Then she began dwelling on the lie which led to believing it, and finally acting on the lie.  We then breezed through 25 of the most common lies young women are caught in bondage to sin when believing them.  Finally, we focused on the TRUTH and who it is and what it is.  We looked for Truths that help them overcome the particular lie they may be dealing with and affecting their life and causing sin. 
         
          So, the ride began.  But first I had to get through Christmas and Marriage Retreat.  Once they were out of the way, it was all in high gear then.  The first thing we did was line up Team Leaders.  This is a huge blessing when planning something big.  Find those faithful, willing, flexible, and patient ladies who will be there for you and take the lead in whatever it is needed in their area.  I had also been praying about our Burning Flames.  Those are those women who are our Small Group Leaders. We had 2 ladies per group and we needed to be prepared for 10 groups.  This took some time and we had some switch ups along the way but God provided the women He had planned to be there for those girls all along. We were actually over prepared! 
          
            We then began having meetings randomly where I was available every Wed. either before or after the Wed. discipleship groups to meet with different Team Leaders and Flames if needed.  We planned and confirmed and prayed for the upcoming retreat.  The dates were April 16th and 17th and they were creeping up on us.  So much came together perfectly.  We had 55 girls sign up and 53 actually attended.  We had 9 Small groups.


           There are SO many little details I could share but the easiest way for you to see and learn about what we did is look at the pics and ask one of the girls if you go to Hopewell.  Also, we had T-shirts made this year that remind the girls and tell the world "they won't take that bite".  They will work their hardest not to fall for the bait and bite like Eve bit and ate the fruit. 






No comments:

Post a Comment